Hi all..hopefully V4 will come out later...~Canine

I'm going to be making a new clan soon.....I'll probably keep the name...hopefully we'll get some prizes out :P ~Canine

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2017-06-19 09:19:40

LorenzaRic

Im happy I now registered

The Christian Affiliation of Nigeria (CAN) has urged Appearing President Yemi Osinbajo to do one thing in regards to the exclusion of Christian Religious Data (CRK) from secondary faculties curriculum.

Samson Ayokunle, president of CAN, made the demand throughout in a gathering with Osinbajo on Wednesday.

Ayokunle described the brand new curriculum as "divisive and ungodly".

He defined that though the Islamic Religious Information (IRK) was initially affected, it was later reintroduced within the curriculum.

The CAN president confused that If the curriculum is applied, "it would lead us to a godless nation with violence and all types of ungodliness because the order of the day".

"In this curriculum, Islamic and Christian Religious Research will not be studied in faculties as topics on their very own however as themes in a civic training. This undermines the sound mitral values that these two topics had imparted previously to our youngsters which had made us to religiously and ethnically co-exist with none tension," he mentioned.

"It was some three or two a long time in the past when our schooling planners began eradicating the instructing of religious values by way of the cancellation of morning devotion in faculties that every one these violence by youths in numerous types got here on board. I used to be in a gathering yesterday with some Muslim leaders the place one in every of them additionally expressed his fears concerning the dangers on this new curriculum.

"Furthermore, this curriculum went forward to introduce Islamic Arabic Research in one other part along with French and made certainly one of the 2 obligatory for the pupil. You might be conscious that we've got very low proportion of French teachers in all our secondary faculties in Nigeria. I'm positive that over eighty % of our secondary faculties should not have French teachers in any respect however have Arabic teachers.

"The implication is that Christian college students would don't have any alternative than to review Arabic. If a Christian scholar voluntarily goes to review Islamic religious research, there's nothing unhealthy in that as a result of a few of us in each religions had completed that earlier than for higher understanding, nevertheless, the place the scholar is tactically pressured into learning it as a result of the choice topic doesn't have instructor to show it, it is a good downside tending to Islamisation.

"Still on this curriculum, Islamic religious information was equally made accessible as a topic in one other part with none corresponding availability of Christian religious information. Is that this not a divisive curriculum that may set the nation on hearth?

Feel free to visit my blog post :: Naija news update - 19th June 2017

2017-06-19 09:19:40

AdBot
Advertisements

Adverts

Board footer